The Shire London Limited will be the data controller in respect of any personal data you provide to us. This term “data controller” is a legal phrase used to describe a person or entity that controls the way personal data is used and processed.
1. What information will we hold about you?
As a customer/potential customer of The Shire London Limited we will ask you to provide us with certain personal information about you when you make an enquiry about our goods or services and/or when you purchase goods or services from us. This information may include some or all of the following:
• Your name
• Your address
• Your email address
• Your telephone number
• Your bank details or credit card information (when you book a green fee or join as a member)
• Your IP address, cookies and your browsing activity where you use our website
• Details about your health and medical conditions for the purpose of ensuring safe use of our gym facilities.
2. What will we use your information for and what are our legal bases for doing so?
We use the personal information we hold about you for a number of different purposes, which we list below. Under data protection law we need to have a valid legal basis for using your personal information, we also set out below the legal bases which we will be relying upon.We will use the personal information we hold about you for the following reasons:
• To provide you with the goods/services you have purchased
• To enforce our contract with you and inform you of any changes to the contract
In both of these cases the legal basis that we will be relying upon to process your personal information will be because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between us.
We will also use the personal information we hold about you for the following reasons:
• To provide you with information about goods/services you have enquired about
• To obtain feedback from you and provide ongoing customer service
• To deal with any complaints
• To carry out credit checks where you have applied for credit
In this case our legal basis for processing your personal information will be because the processing is in our legitimate interests, namely to provide you with a high level of service, resolve complaints and to promote our business, or in the case of credit checks to protect our financial position.
We will also use the personal information we hold about you to comply with any regulatory requirements or applicable laws and our legal basis for doing so will be that it is necessary for us to so to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
Some of the personal data we request will be because we have a legal or contractual requirement to obtain and use the information or it is necessary for us to obtain the information to be able to enter into a contract with you. Failure to provide such information will prevent us from providing you with such goods and/or services.
While we do not carry out any automated decision-making or profiling in relation to you directly, if you decide to take advantage of one of our finance offers, our finance providers use an automated system to check your credit history and confirm eligibility.
3. Who do we share your information with?
We do not share your personal data with third parties, apart from under the conditions listed below. We will only do so where we have a legitimate legal basis for doing so and in compliance with our obligations under data protection laws.
Your information may be disclosed to other organisations/individuals in the circumstances set out below:
• The Shire London staff including Golf Professionals: our golf professionals may for example contact you subsequent to a golf lesson to discuss your performance, improvement and relevant launch monitor data. In these cases our golf professionals will have access only to that personal information about you such as is needed to perform functions associated with conducting one or a series of golf lessons, but they may not use it for other purposes. Also, staff of The Shire London may contact you to address matters related to your visit to or membership of The Shire London, and again will have access only to that personal information about you such as is needed to address these matters.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information is generally one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in this Privacy Notice. Also, in the unlikely event that The Shire London Limited, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
• Protection of The Shire London Limited and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of The Shire London Limited, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations such as the Police, credit reference agencies, professional or regulatory bodies, debt collection and tracing agents for fraud protection, credit referencing and credit risk reduction.
• Where we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. to comply with a court order
• To our professional advisers for example our lawyers or accountants when they need it to give us their professional advice.
We do not transfer any of your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
We review the ways we use your information regularly. In doing so, we may change what kind of information we collect, how we store it, who we share it with and how we act on it. If we make any such changes we will contact you to notify you.
4. How long do we keep your information for?
To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we only hold on to your personal data for as long as we actually need it for the purposes we acquired it for in the first place.
This means we will usually keep information relating to any purchase you make for 10 years in case any contractual disputes arise and also to ensure that we have the necessary information to honour any warranties we provide you with and to be able to provide you with part numbers and product information should you wish to order replacements after the expiry of any warranties
We will retain your contact details for direct marketing purposes unless and until you inform us that you no longer wish to receive direct marketing information from us.
5. Individual rights
Data protection legislation provides individuals with a number of different rights in relation to their data. For example, you have the right to ask us whether we hold information about you and if so, to obtain certain details about that information and/or the information itself. Exercising this right is commonly known as a “subject access request”. Certain exemptions and conditions apply to this right.
There are other rights which you also may be able to exercise (such as the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, to object to the processing of personal data, to require the erasure of personal data or to have the processing of your personal data restricted as well as the right to have electronic data made portable). All these rights are subject to certain conditions and exemptions.
To obtain further information about these rights please see the ICO website – www.ico.gov.uk. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact or you want to advise us of changes to your personal details you can email email@example.com or write to us at Privacy Team, The Shire London, St Albans Road, Barnet, Herts EN5 4RE.
6. Where to get more information about your data protection rights
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible on their website – www.ico.gov.uk.
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information.
However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first.
We will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
7. Contact us
You’re welcome to get in touch with us to discuss your information at any time. Our contact details are here you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Privacy Team, The Shire London, St Albans Road, Barnet, Herts EN5 4RE.
Registered company name: The Shire London Limited.
Company Registration Number in England and Wales: 5656753
Registered Head Office: The Shire London Limited, Brook Point, 1112 High Road, London N20 9BH